Tag Info

Hot answers tagged


The method of laying out ideas in the form of a dialogue where both speakers are written by one author is called dialectic. It has its roots in philosophy and has wide application. What you're describing sounds like a very poor example of this technique. It uses the form of the dialectic method, but the content is more akin to the FAQ on a commercial ...


Contrasting/adversative conjunctions. adversative (ədˈvɜːsətɪv) grammar adj 1. (Linguistics) (of a word, phrase, or clause) implying opposition or contrast. But and although are adversative conjunctions introducing adversative clauses n 2. (Linguistics) an adversative word or speech element


If the audience you are writing to knows what those acronyms are, then go ahead and use them. So for technical documents, resumes, etc, the audience knows what BS, MS, PhD stand for. Personally, I didn't know the technical or certifications acronyms, but if the document you are writing is very technical and meant for technical people you can get away ...

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible