Hot answers tagged

2

As I worked for a major news portal, about 97% of news was purchased from news agencies (the remaining 3%, authored by own journalists and columnists was kept for publicity - definitely not for articles, but for bragging rights of "having own journalist team".) These agencies, in order, purchase their news from independent journalists doing their own ...


1

At about $2.80 per thousand impressions, eight display ads per page will break even if the article gets a thousand views. And there are ad campaigns costing much more, sponsored articles, and so on - that brings even more revenue. And then, any publication will rarely exceed 10% of own content. Most of it will be purchased from news agencies (in bulk, so ...



Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible