I'm looking for a software that helps me develop and organize the characters for my novel.
What I want:
- something like a filesystem, with a file for each character
- it should have or allow me to create categories like name, gender, age, backstory, and so on
- once created, these categories should automatically be available for each character
- adding images, text files, movies and stuff, or linking to these
- it would be nice if it somehow interacted with my writing and timeline software (Scrivener and Aeon Timeline)
- creating relations between characters (married to, boss of, lives next door to, etc.)
- these relations should not be limited in number
What I don't need:
- character development from archetypes (as in Persona) or a list of mental disorders (as in Character Writer)
What I know of:
- Persona: looks nice, but has these stupid character development tools that I don't need
- Character Writer: looks awful
It does not have to be specialized software, but something with the above functionality. If you know of some software that does all that but has some other originally intended purpose, that's fine, too.