So, I have a few questions that I'll address in a short little list. I figure it's best to include them all in one rather than dumping several questions on you guys, since they all relate.
1) When attempting to publish a fantasy book, how do I want to select a publisher? Is it possible to find a list of publishers that publish specifically fantasy books?
2) Similar to #1, but for agents. Are some agents specifically geared towards fantasy books?
3) Similar to #1 and #2, but for editors that don't work for the publishers. Does this matter? Should I only go with a "fantasy" editor?
4) Am I right in assuming that a fantasy book will garner much less interest than a realistic fiction novel? On one hand, fantasy has its own market of readers that are always looking for new, great fantasy books... and on the other hand, realistic fiction is much more widely read than fantasy books (obviously with some exceptions within the genre).
5) What are some good resources for writing fantasy? Things to consider, things to do or not do? I realize this question might be vague, but I wonder if you guys might be able to share some good links to some reading, or even books on the topic. I'm not asking for a list of everything possible, but any advice or resources you can share.